The World's Best Homeschooling Mother

Just reading that title makes me feel inadequate! Why is it that mothers feel guilty about nearly every decision they make? Stay home, go to work, homeschool, public school, spank or give time outs.....the list is virtually endless. And when you homeschool, you add pressure when it comes to the end of the "school year" and you are faced with curriculum choices and how well your children are doing academically.
I have to constantly remind myself that this is not a competition. My dear husband is so good at reminding me of Galatians 1:10: "Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ."
It is *so* not about what others are doing, or teaching, or singing, or learning. It is about my relationship with God and with my children.
If I am teaching my children as I'm commanded to:

Deu 6:5

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

Deu 6:6

These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.

Deu 6:7

Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Deu 6:8

Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.

Deu 6:9

Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.


...then what have I to fear? I am doing all that is required of me. I can rest knowing that I am the world's best homeschooling mother for Tucker, Griffin, and Anne Claire.
And that is all I want to be.
Have a blessed Mother's Day!

No comments: