happy new year...

Don't you love the fresh look and feel of a new notebook page? How about that new car smell? Or the smell and feel of a brand new baby in your arms?
Newness, novelty, a fresh start...no matter how you say it, it seems to be a universal feeling. Everyone loves a clean slate. Isn't that why most people love New Year's? We can start over. Make plans. Really mean to stick to it this time.
The ultimate "do-over" came when I accepted Christ as my Savior. He not only washed me clean of my sins, but God says He removes my sin "as far as the east is from the west." He remembers them no more. In the 51st Psalm, David asks God to "restore to me the joy of my salvation." That is my prayer for each of you this New Year's. That you would remember and rejoice in your own salvation. That you would be so in awe of what God did for you that you have no choice but to share it with others. That others would see Christ in you, the hope of glory.
If you do not know Jesus personally, I pray that this will be the year that you come to know Him and experience firsthand that cleansing that washes white as snow. That turns us into a new creation. The old is gone; the new has come.
God bless you this New Year.

No comments: