The New Jambalaya Queen....

....that would be my new title!
I entered our church's jambalaya cook-off for no reason other than I knew we would be going to it and, well, why not? I've never made jambalaya. I can't even really pronounce it.
So after lunch today I ran into the grocery store and for less than $5 picked up my ingredients. I then prepared it in approximately 25 minutes and off to church we went.
The judges were unanimously in agreement --- and now I carry the proud title for the next 365 days.
I was told that Paul's face was one of shock and amazement. The reason would be simple. Here is my prize winning recipe:










So thank you, Zatarain's. We will be enjoying a delightful $25 gift certificate to a local restaurant because of you.

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

I can't believe you're posting this on the interwebz! They gonna take away your trophy, girlfriend!

Jen said...

It's pathetic, isn't it? It's so lame I had to post about it. Paul was nearly hysterical he thought it was so funny.
Zatarain's. In New Orleans of all places...

Adria said...

That's great! I love their other products; I will have to try the jambalaya.