Happy Birthday Griffin!


Five years ago, my life changed forever. I became the mother of not one, but two beautiful, strong, healthy boys. My sweet Griffin, though slightly bruised and battered from delivery, was the most beautiful and welcome sight that Friday in September. With dark hair and green eyes, all 8 pounds, 12 ounces of him was nothing shy of perfection. Within an hour of his birth, he was where he would remain for over 2 years....at my breast, right where he belonged.
And here we are now, five years later. He is the funniest boy I know, with an infectious laugh that will make your sides hurt. He is smart and witty and imaginative. He loves his brother and his sister and prays for them by name every day. He is polite and considerate and has a heart the size of Texas. I love this boy so much it actually hurts sometimes.
Yesterday morning when I woke up it was with a few tears that I made his birthday pancakes (a tradition in our house). It is bittersweet, this growing up business. I wish they would stay little for just a wee bit longer...

1 comment:

Robin said...

I hope he had a wonderful birthday! I loved your Auburn pics. Hopefully you guys will be back our way before we move.