Fabulous Friday

Fridays generally aren't fabulous for me. I work weekends and Friday is my day to feel sorry for myself catch up on everything that needs to be done before I leave Pablo and the kids to fend for themselves. I have to make sure that the fridge is stocked and I have clean scrubs and matching socks. Being the end of the week, I'm usually pretty tired from the daily grind of keeping house and running kids to and from school. So I tend to dread Fridays.
I decided in my quiet time last night that I would embrace a new perspective on Fridays. Instead of dreading them, I'm going to use them to thank the Lord for what He has done in the past week. It's an attempt to document the daily blessings that I may otherwise gloss over and not recognize for the blessing that they actually are.

This week:
  • Paul had a productive few days in Chattanooga. Even picked up some extra freelance work!
  • Paul made it home safely, even if he did fly in what he thought had to have been Orville and Wilbur's first plane...
  • Griffin lost his first tooth!! (and has another loose one)
  • Figured out a way to pay Newman off by the end of June (huge praise!)
  • Fixed the dishwasher myself. Call me Mrs. Maytag. (This, after repairing the vacuum last week!)
  • Touro nurses voted and the universal RN scrub color is blue (may seem insignificant to some, but we really didn't want to wear gray in the birthing center. I mean, really. Gray? )
  • Lisa Smith is getting ready to have her surgery at MD Anderson right now (enormous praise. Gigantic!)
  • Anne Claire poo'd in the potty every.single.day this week.
  • I have a healthy family, food in our pantry, heat (and a/c; depends on the day here in Nola), clothes to wear (even if they are plus sized), and a car to drive (even though I desperately want to drive it into Lake Pontchartrain trade it in).
That's just a beginning. God works in ways small and large every day. Every day! It never ceases to amaze me that He cares about me. Little, insignificant me.

How about you? What can you thank God for on this Fabulous Friday?

2 comments:

Tiffani said...

It's all about perspective, isn't it?!

Hope your weekend was GREAT, working or not!

care-in said...

"I have a healthy family, food in our pantry, heat (and a/c; depends on the day here in Nola), clothes to wear (even if they are plus sized), and a car to drive (even though I desperately want to drive it into Lake Pontchartrain trade it in)."

DITTO!