They've officially been out of school, what? 2 weeks? And already I'm losing my cool.
Maybe it's because we're stuck in this itty bitty, teensy weensy apartment. They've no room to "roam".
Maybe it's because they're used to being around a big group of other same aged kids for 7 hours per day with scheduled non stop activity and fun-ness.
Maybe it's because _____________ (insert whatever excuse you can conjure here).
Whatever the reason, school doesn't start for another 71 days.
Yes, I've counted.
In the meantime, we have to move. I have exactly 23 days until I start my new job and I have not even packed a single box. Nor have I secured a house for us.
And here I sit at 11am sipping my 3rd cup of coffee, still in my pj's.
While the kids run amok.
Thanks to my friend Gretchen, I am going to post my very first...
2. I am glad that my kids had a fantabulous school year and finished off their first year of out-of-home-schooling better than either Pablo or I could have expected, imagined, or envisioned.
3. I am glad that we signed the boys up for baseball. They love it, have made great friends, have awesome coaches, and are actually pretty darn good at it.
4. I am gladaciously glad that I have a new job. It will be different for me to be working full time, but I think it will be a great opportunity for me.
5. I am glad that in all this, I am really learning to cast my cares on Him. Even though my first instinct is to panic and worry and try to come up with a "plan B", I really can see progress in my faith-growth. I find myself thinking "if it's His will, He will take care of the details." And I know He will.
6. I'm glad for friends near and far. Really glad.
7. I'm oh-so-glad for my husband. Pablo rocks.
9. I'm glad for the AMF Kids Bowl Free program for the summer. Not that we've used it yet, but I printed off my coupons today.
10. I'm glad for Sudafed. Summer colds suck.
So....what are you glad for today?