once a month shopping

Since Paul gets paid monthly, we have had some huge budgetary adjustments to make. Namely, we need to figure out a method for not running out of money at the end of the month!
So I thought I'd give once a month shopping a try.
I spent just a hair under $500 but that included 30 dinner meals, breakfast, lunch, and snack staples, and non food items such as disposable diapers & wipes, shampoo, razors, toilet tissue, paper towels, laundry detergent, etc.

On a side note, we have all been sick for 2 weeks now. Griffin and I have both done 10 days of abx but are still sick. Now Tucker and Paul are sick as well. We've all been back to the doctor adn are all on another course of abx. The ped cultured Griffin's nose & ear; she also cx'd Tucker's throat. The office called today and everything grew HIB.......so, we're all on self imposed bedrest. Try telling that to 2 boys, of course.

They are driving me so batty that I'm ready to send them out to the playground to infect every child on campus, but I suppose I'd be peeved if I were another parent.

Sis is the only one that has escaped any illness thus far. Her one year birthday is coming up in another week, so I've been doing a lot of doll research. She owns one Corolle doll that she got when she was born (the boys picked it out for her then) and she adores that thing. I looked at all the Corolle dolls as well as dolls from Manhattan Toy Co. and a few other places. But in the end, I ordered her an Itty Bitty doll from American Girl. They are just too dang cute. It should be here next week. I'm probably more excited than her!

No comments: