It's Friday...you know what that means!

Girls, I'm not gonna kid you. This has been, honestly, a not-so-good week. I can, however, still find blessings, even though they seemed to be sort of hidden from plain view. With the exception of one totally awesome Wednesday blessing, which shall top my list this week:
  • Tucker won a school wide art contest! He won some Cold Stone Creamery gift cards and a nifty certificate. We were able to go to the lower school assembly and see him presented with it. It was a surprise, so it was fun to see the look on his face when they announced it! (I would upload the video I took of it, but it is so bad that you would need to take Dramamine prior to watching. I sort of forgot that one cannot properly video while applauding wildly.)
  • I read another great book this week. He Speaks to Me by Pricilla Shirer. I know in the past months, especially the past few weeks, I have felt a cold silence from God. This book helped me to find the reasons for God's silence and how to effectively listen more closely. I started a book called The Help by Kathryn Stockett. So far, so good. I'll let you know next week what I thought of it.
  • While at the Lower School assembly, we were treated to a fantastic African music and dancing presentation. I couldn't help but whisper to Paul, "This is why we pay such big bucks to send the boys here." In past assemblies, they've heard an opera singer, a jazz musician, watched several theatrical performances, and viewed works of art by famous men and women as well as pieces by upper school mates. Our boys have learned more about the arts in their first years of school than what Paul and I learned in our collective years of public schooling. 
  • My sweet, sweet friend Gretchen is on the mend. She was rushed to the hospital earlier in the week and was so sick they had to intubate her and put her on a vent. She had baby #4 just  a few short weeks ago. She is off the vent and doing better. Her sisters were able to come be with her, and her sister has been able to breastfeed the new baby until mama Gretchen is home and better!
  • I adore my children and my husband. Really I do. I may have moments of frustration and secretly want to run away take a little break, but when all is said and done, I am very lucky to have such a loving, funny, and kind house full. 
  • I am blessed to have a job. In this economy, with the job situation what it is, I have a job. Thank you, God, for your provision for us!
That's it, amigas. Hope your week was blessed and that you have a wonderful weekend.!
As Miss Maude would say,
Shalom, Y'all!

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

Congrats to your sweet boy!!

So glad they are getting such great opportunities at their school!

I always love what you have to say, Jen.

Enjoy your weekend!